At Electrical Process Development Ltd, safety is our number one priority.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment for our staff and our clients and are dedicated to the protection of anybody working on or around equipment or plant supplied, installed, repaired or commissioned by EPD. We are committed to the protection of property and all other persons we are associated with, from accidental injury or loss resulting from EPD staff or management action or inaction.
In meeting this commitment to our staff and clients, EPD will always follow all legislative requirements and take all practicable steps to:
- Provide a safe place of work;
- Provide safety equipment or demand safety equipment be used by our staff where appropriate;
- Establish and insist that safe work methods and practices be followed at all times;
- Take ownership as a company and allow our staff to take ownership of their own safety;
- Support staff and Management to report unsafe actions seen in the workplace, be they actions committed by EPD staff, our clients or other contractors on a work site;
- Provide suitable supervision and training for all staff, when and where required in order for work to be actioned by EPD;
Ensure all Electrical Process Development Ltd employees (including Sub-contractors used by EPD during prescribed work) understand and accept their responsibilities to work in and promote a safe and healthy work place.
As a business, Electrical Process Development Ltd works to the following standards at all times:
- The Electrical Act 1992
- The Electrical Regulations 2010
AS/NZS 3000: 2007 and the current Codes of Practice
In addition to the above, we strive to follow the regulations as laid out in AS/NZS 4801:2001, NZS 9001:2008, AS/NZS 4024 (Machine Safety).
EPD are Site Safe accredited and hold current certification. All staff are expected to understand their requirements when working for Electrical Process Development Ltd and as such, Management run weekly tool box meetings with field staff, both in house & on site if required, due to work committments.
Our Health and Safety manual is comprehensive and maintained as part of the company’s operational process, at a management level. All staff are supplied with a copy of the Health and Safety manual, during the initial employment Induction process to EPD.
As a company, we encourage a proactive approach to Health and Safety with all staff and understand that safety always takes a priority over profit. We expect those we work with to maintain a high level of safety around our staff and promote an environment of inclusion and common sense. Staff are encouraged to look beyond their own working areas and promote the concept that if something looks wrong, it probably is and should be investigated.